Becoming A Member
It’s not that hard, really!
Whether you have your radio license or not, joining NPARC is not only simple - but it connects you with other amateur radio operators in the Niagara Region.
If you’re just getting started with amateur radio, we suggest you go to the Radio Amateurs of Canada website or click here. There are many articles to answer your questions about Amateur Radio. We will try our best to simplify the process of becoming a licensed, amateur radio operator in the Niagara Region.
Why Become A Member?
We're not going to beg you to join, simply put - NPARC is an open and fun club to be part of.
It connects amateur radio operators (over 100 members) within the Niagara Region to build friendships, work on projects, and get involved with numerous community events. Have a look around our site!
NPARC is strong and is envied around the province, your membership makes it possible. Above all, you will meet like minded amateurs who love to share their radio stories with energy either on the air or at the meetings.
Some activities we've been involved with:
- Grape & Wine Festival Parade Communications
- Niagara Falls, Santa Clause Parade, mid November
- Port Colborne Marine Heritage Festival (Canal Days), end of July
- Field Day (24 hour Communications Contest, end of June)
- Monthly Meetings Sep - Jun
- Weekend Breakfasts
- Repeater Maintenance
- Big Event! (hamfest)
What Does Membership Include?
- Supports two area repeaters: VE3NRS and VE3WCD.
- Provides up to $5.000.000 liability insurance coverage for club activities such as Field Day, repeater installations, public events and demonstrations that are NOT covered by individual member insurance.
- Supports amateur radio classes.
- Supports this website.
- Includes the monthly club newsletter, the Feedline.
- Beverages & Snacks
- IRLP Access
As of September 1, 2014 The General Membership fee is $50, and for a RAC Member your Membership fee is $40.
How Do I Become A Member?
Becoming a member is fairly simple. You can print off, fill out, and send your application form. Show up at the next club meeting!
Please see our contact page for more information.